Day of the city
Day of the city. Odessa is 223 years old!
Day of the city at all times was for Odessa citizens and visitors of the city, really a great and interesting event.
Concerts, festivals, competitions and other events simply fill Odessa from all sides, from the central streets: Deribasovskaya, Potemkinskaya stairs, Odessa parks, to small streets and institutions, including simple coffee houses. After all, City Day is really a big and happy holiday.
"Odessa and the guests of the city are waiting for festivals ("Red City", arts and crafts, "Odessa Light Fest"), concerts in City garden and parks of the city, projects in museums, gala concert on the Potemkin Stairs and much more"
- The press service of the Odessa City Hall reports.
Holiday events in Odessa to the City Day this year will last until September 3.
Further the plan of events for City Day:
Day of the city. Plan of measures. 30 August.
• The project "Constantinople - Istanbul - Odessa: the connection of times and generations" will be held in the museum of the Holy Archangel Michael Monastery. Cultural action, consisting of a concert program and an exhibition of works by Odessa photographers, will tell about the centuries-old spiritual ties of Kievan Rus and Byzantium, Ukraine and Turkey, Odessa and Istanbul.
• Passed already traditional festival "Redhead City", which this year is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the birth of George Golubenko. In the program of the festival: take-off of the balloon over Odessa, Parade of the redhead, concert in the Gorsad, contests with prizes and gifts, performance of the red clowns of the theater "Mask-show", etc.
Day of the city. Plan of measures. August 31.
• The concert of the Ukrainian composer of the pianist-virtuoso, the owner of the Hollywood prize of improvisers Eugeny Khmara accompanied by the Chamber Orchestra of the Odessa Philharmonic will take place in the City Garden.
• More than 400 unique photographs depicting Odessa during the late XVIII - mid-XXI centuries will be presented on September 1 at the Odessa Museum of Western and Eastern Art in the framework of the project "Odessa in Old Photos".
Day of the city. Plan of measures. September 1.
• In the City Garden with a concert "In Odessa, all their own" will perform: the band "Jam Band" and collectives of national minorities - the youth folklore ensemble "Zorecvit", the dance group "Ludo-mlado", the folk band "FA-sharp", the dance group "Български сърца" and others.
• The II Festival of Light, Architectural, Projection Technologies and Installations "Odessa Light Fest" starts, the opening of which will take place with the participation of the variety symphony orchestra. Within three days Odessa citizens and visitors will be able to observe the light interactive show, during which the central buildings and historical sights of the city will turn into unique artistic and light objects.
September 2 - Day of the city!
The main events for the celebration of the City Day will be held on September 2. They start on the Duma Square with a grand opening ceremony (10:00). On this day, flowers will be laid at the foot of monuments to the founders of Odessa.
• Traditionally, Primorsky Boulevard will host a festival of arts and crafts and master classes of the winners of the city festival competition "Star Youth of Odessa".
• Within the framework of the Day of the City on September 2 in the Park. T.G. Shevchenko will realize the project "USAID Town". This is an information fair where USAID representatives talk about their activities in a certain city and in the surrounding territorial communities. The guests will be able to get professional advice on energy efficiency, learn about sources of clean energy and its application, develop projects to improve the urban infrastructure, opportunities for participation in the lawmaking process, decentralization reform in Ukraine, etc.
• Various games will be organized for children, in particular, for designing and activating mechanisms with the help of clean energy sources, fun workshops for creating paper mills, drawing competition "My beautiful city" and other events.
• On September 2, the project "Odessa German tram" will be dedicated to the anniversary of the construction of a tram electric line by residents of the German colony, which connected the village of Lustdorf with Odessa. On Starosennaya Square guests will be treated with dishes of national cuisine, they will present a concert of creative collectives of German societies from different regions of Ukraine, will hold master classes and exhibitions of arts and crafts.
• Another gift for the city will be the opening of new names on the Mall of the Stars of Odessa: Ilya Ilfu, Evgeny Petrov, Valentin Kataev, Kyriaku Kostandi, Valery Obodzinsky and Konstantin Paustovsky.
• Leonid Utyosov's Museum-Apartment will present a new exposition on the City Day, and in the Greek Park the opening of the stele of the sculptor Mikhail Reva is worth.
• Also on September 2, the municipal philharmonic orchestra of Amphilochia (Greece) will perform in the City Garden.
• The largest and most spectacular event of the City Day will be a gala concert on the Potemkin Stairs. It will be attended by Odessa artists, as well as Nino Katamadze, Celentano Tribute, "Ocean Elzy". Celebrating the City Day will end with colorful fireworks.
• In addition, on September 2, the musical and entertainment event "Tram of Happiness" will take place. Residents and guests of the city will be able to ride free of charge in the tramcar of Route 4.
• A lot of events will take place on City Day in all districts of Odessa, in park areas and near district administrations.
Day of the city. Plan of measures. 3 September.
• In the City Garden a concert will be held in memory of Yuri Kuznetsov with the participation of the Odessa National Philharmonic Orchestra (conductor Igor Shavruk), Tamara Lukasheva and others.
The work of the mountainelectric transport on September 2 will be organized before 01:00:
- tramway routes: Nos. 3, 5, 7, 10, 13, 15, 18, 21, 27, 28;
- trolleybus routes: №№ 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10;
The work of all city bus routes on September 2 will be organized until 01.00
Day of the city. Competition from ODESSACARD
By the birthday of the city ODESSACARD launched a contest with congratulations for Odessa. The best works will be awarded tickets in The biggest aquapark in Ukraine, which with its steep slides pleases not the first year, tickets for Excursion to the catacombs of Moldavanka and the museum "Secrets of underground Odessa" - Whose excursions and preserved catacombs began to be compared in importance, when visiting Odessa, on an equal footing with the Opera Theater! Tickets for Excursion on electromobiles from company City Tour – Which will take you around the historical center of the city and tell you about the most significant architectural structures, monuments and historical facts that influenced Odessa. And their cheerful guides will not let you get bored! Most importantly, it's not necessary to walk, that's why even the Odessites have these excursions popular!